Backing up data to a Cloud based site.
The cloud is becoming a viable storage solution for more and more business.
Taybridge Consulting has been working with a number of solutions including Cloud Back-Up from Carbonite and recommends these product to clients wishing for a cost-effective backup plan: Solutions cover single PC, Home User, Small Business, NAS driver, Server and Enterprise Solutions.
What is Online Backup?
Online backup solutions provide protection for your computer files so you can get those files back in the event of a data disaster – saving you time, money and stress. Unlike other antiquated methods of data backup – such as external drives & CDs – there’s no hardware to buy, no cables to connect, no training or maintenance required.
Carbonite gives you secure, automatic offsite backup that protects your files from accidental deletion, spills, theft and just about anything else that could harm your data. Once installed, Carbonite backs up your files to the cloud – so you can get them back when you need them most. Because Carbonite works continually, backing up new and changed files whenever you’re connected to the Internet, you can rest easy knowing your backed up files are always protected.
Since 2006, Carbonite has backed up over 200 billion files and today, backs up more than 300 million files each day! Most importantly, Carbonite has restored over 7 billion files that otherwise would have been lost forever.
Safe, secure and completely automatic. Carbonite is The Better Backup Plan ™
“A hands-off solution to backing up…Carbonite Online Backup is a worthy investment of time and money…” – CNET
“Carbonite is just about flawless. Just install it, launch it, and forget about it.” – The Boston Globe
“Impressively easy, impressively inexpensive.” – PC World
- Set it & forget it. Carbonite backs up your files automatically to the cloud – so you never have to remember to back up. No hardware required.
- Continual Backup. Whenever you’re connected to the Internet, Carbonite backs up your files – eliminating potentially costly backup gaps created by daily or weekly backups.
- Secure transmission. Carbonite uses the same encryption technology used in online backing and e-commerce transactions.
- Safe offsite storage. Your backed up files are stored in one of Carbonite’s highly secure state-of-the-art data centers which are guarded 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Easy file recovery. If anything happens to any file, Carbonite finds it in your backup and puts it back in its original location on your computer – in just a few, simple steps.
- Anytime, Anywhere access. You can access your backed up files from any computer connected to the Internet — or even from your iPhone®, Android™ or BlackBerry® smartphone.
Back up Plans
With 5 plans to choose from, you can find the Carbonite subscription that’s right for you. From individuals, families and students to home office users and small business professionals, Carbonite has a plan to fit every backup need.
With the Home plan, you’ll enjoy all the essentials of unlimited on-line backup. Subscribe today and your irreplaceable files on your computer – like photos, documents and music – will be backed up automatically, and accessible at anytime, from any computer or smartphone.
Using the HomePlus plan you’ll receive all the benefits of the Home plan, PLUS additional features that make your backup more complete. With HomePlus, you can include your external hard drive in your online backup, so you can rest easy knowing that all of your important files are backed up safely, offsite. In addition, you also get Mirror Image backup, which creates a local backup of your entire hard drive – including your operating system and software programs.
HomePremier is the most comprehensive backup solution of the Carbonite Home plans. In addition to all the features of Home and HomePlus, you’ll also get automatic backup of your video files (instead of having to add them to your backup manually). In addition, you’ll have the option to use Courier Recovery – a Carbonite service reserved exclusively for HomePremier customers. Courier recovery allows you to have a copy of your entire backup shipped directly to you – which may be the fastest way to get your files back, when you need them most.
The Business plan is geared toward those looking to back up an unlimited number of computers, external hard drives and NAS devices. Using this plan, you receive 250 GB* of backup space.
Using BusinessPremier, you’ll experience all of the same benefits you receive from the Business plans. Now, in addition to backing up all of the computers, external hard drives and NAS devices in your business, you can also backup your Windows Server. Using this plan, you receive 500GB* of backup space.
* Additional storage packs are available for both Carbonite Business plans
Interested in learning more? Contact Taybridge Consulting for more details.